Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sara Moulton Talks Sexist French Chefs, Hip-Hop

?"It hasn't changed enough. No way. New York in particular back then was a bastion of male domination in terms of the restaurant industry and most things. New York was where Le Pavillon was. ... When I first went to New York, I had worked in restaurants for seven years, and I couldn't get a job. I wanted to learn. That was why I was so pissed off that when I went to Lutèce, The Four Seasons, all of those French restaurants, they wouldn't hire me." --Sara Moulton talks to Eater about her early bouts with kitchen sexism. She is also, it turns out, a fan of the Beastie Boys and Run-DMC.


Have a tip or restaurant-related news? Send it to fork@villagevoice.com.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment